Hi Guys! So i mentioned exfoliating in my last post and I want you guys to know what it is and why you need to exfoliate your skin/face.
Mmmm Exfoliate. What is exfoliate? It basically means shedding from a surface in layers. Shedding may sound terrifying but did you know our skin sheds from time to time without our knowledge? Yes girl…
Our skin sheds to remove dead skin cells which is good because, it gives our skin that glow and smoothens it.
Exfoliation is done by scrubbing tho sometimes we think our skin maybe too delicate to be scrubbed, you don’t need to scrub vigorously especially if it’s your face. Exfoliation can benefit every skin type depending on how it’s done and how often. Twice a week is fine if your skin isn’t sensitive. On the contrary, if you are living in Africa and you have an oily skin like mine you may just need to exfoliate your skin more than twice a week just to counter the buildup of dead skin cells.
Before you exfoliate, you must know your skin type. Is your face oily, dry, sensitive or normal? This will determine how it should be done.
How do you Exfoliate your face?
1. Firstly, hold your hair away from your face, then cleanse your face with your regular cleanser. You need to have clean face so your skin can absorb the product.
2. Secondly, open your pores by steaming your face. So you simply have your face towel soaked in warm water and put on your face for about a minute or two.
3. Now to exfoliate, an over-the-counter scrub is okay, I prefer the Hit the spot 5-in-1 exfoliating facial scrub. It is not harsh so it doesn’t irritate my skin.
4. Wash your hands, then pour the product on index and pointing fingers or you can put the product onto a clean soft wash cloth and gently scrub the paste in small upward circular motions over your entire face. Leave the product on your face for about a minute.
5. Rinse the scrub off thoroughly with lukewarm water and then splash your face with cold water. Warm water opens your pores whereas cold water closes it. Pat your face dry gently with a clean towel.
6. The final step is to use regular moisturizer, I love Avon’s instinct but if you are stepping out right afterwards, you can also consider applying a sunscreen or sunblock because, as your dead skin cells has been removed the fresh skin is prone to damage if directly exposed to the sun.
The Wolf Custodian.